Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cookie Monster

Cookies have been my biggest defeat thus far. Oh, man.

My first cookie was a plain sugar cookie with royal frosting in red, white, and blue. I tried to make them as patriotic. It was my first time working with royal frosting, but I really liked it. I can't wait to use cookie cutters for fall looking cookies.

My second cookie was a camouflage sugar cookie. I took the dough an divided it into three. I used Wilton food coloring (Brown and Juniper Moss) for two of the portions and left one with its normal tan color.

 I molded the cookie by breaking the dough into small pieces and  shaping it into a cookie. (Disregard the top cookie that was a tester)

And this is what I ended up with, a thin wafer. Yikes! I had my taste testers try and tell me what they   thought. Still edible, just really thin and more square in shape than round. Better luck next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment