Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Once upon a time

I purchased this cook book...I have so many cook books. My goal is to be able to fill a bookcase with all of them some day. While I was in Alaska I bought the Bakerella cakepops book. It took me a long time once I got back to actually make them. I was pretty skeptical. First of all the way they are made did not sound appetizing and secondly the two textures in one kind of threw me off. But I wanted to try them because it would be another adventure. I decided to make the cakeballs because they looked like truffles and would be a pleasant surprise once people began to bite in. Well first Bakerella says GET ORGANIZED!
So I did:


Then it was time to smash the cooked cake, this took a lot of muscle and patience:


Then it was dipping and decorating time. This is the final product that was sent to some very special people in AK.
These were for an order that was made by a coworker and her sister. Apparently they were a hit.
I'm really happy the way that they turned out. They are a lot of fun to make and also a lot of work. I think Christmas was the perfect holiday to jump right into these because the decorating options were endless.
This was a display that my Mom and I made which included cakeballs and a cranberry pistachio bark which was so beautiful.
For the New Year, everyone in my family was sick, sick, sick. All of my friends were sick as well and I was on my way to being bed bound as well. Before the sniffles took over I made these cupcakes. The frosting is the wilton recipe for buttercream and the snowflakes are royal icing with non perils, edible glitter, and sugar.


3 LONG days for these snow flakes to harden. As I peeled them off I prayed they wouldn't crack. Some did....


For two love birds in Boston....


Until my next adventure in baking

Julie

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say, that as a first-hand taste tester, that your cakepops were AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete