Monday, October 4, 2010

The grass isn't always greener on the other side

This past week was a really rough one. I got a special delivery from a very special person that made me smile.


I wanted to make something for the veterinary hospital to show my appreciation for how compassionate they were with Sophie and their hard work. The idea just came to me while I was driving home from work. I looked through books and books of cupcake ideas, I googled, I yahooed, I searched high and low for ideas. Nothing seemed to excite me or was relevant to what I was trying to achieve.  So I thought up this idea:

I melted  milk chocolate and white chocolate and drew out a dog bone on parchment paper and put it into the fridge to harden over night.
Made chocolate cupcakes, green frosting, filled the cupcakes with chocolate and then made the design on top. The "dirt" is Nabisco 100 calorie pack oreos and the paw print is made out of wilton's recipe chocolate frosting. The paw print was having a tough time adhering to the pulverized cookies. I fought with that for a good hour on getting the imprint to stay on and not stick to my tip. These little cupcakes were the hardest thing i have made so far, but so worth it.


Then I made a cake for one of my sister's co-workers that was getting married and it was her last day of work before getting hitched and the honeymoon. I was excited to use up some of the extra butter cream I had left over from class so it wouldn't go to waste.



These are pictures from my first flower class. We worked with fondant and created these daisies and pansies. My mom and I are taking the Wilton class at a different site this time. I miss Sue!!!!


Sweetish

No comments:

Post a Comment